Vegan Cake Recipe: Blueberry Apple Crumble Cake
A common misconception about eating vegan is that guilty pleasure foods, like decadent desserts, are out. That couldn’t be more untrue! This vegan cake recipe proves that you can have your (vegan) cake and eat it, too.
Vegan Blueberry Apple Crumble Cake
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup organic canola oil
- 1/4 cup almond or peanut butter
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 4 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 large apple, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F. Oil and flour a medium-sized cake pan.
- In a large bowl, stir the blueberries with the oats, chopped almonds, flour, soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, mash your bananas with the canola oil, almond butter, ground flax, vanilla and sugar. Add apple slices and blueberry mixture to banana mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and top it off with some homemade granola and a few extra sprinkles of sugar. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Recipe excerpted from www.eatdrinkbetter.com