EcoTravel in Malaysia
Eco-tourism in Malaysia is a top priority for the government. The only country in the southeast asia region making a major government level commitment to responsible travel is Malaysia. The far-sighted approach to green travel and sustainable development is already beginning to draw the attention of travelers, with Sarawak, Sabah and Borneo, in particular, drawing the majority of the explorers.
Resources included in the directory, below, are selected on the basis of content, not sponsorship.
- Forestry Department of Sarawak
- Gunung Mulu National Park
- Ministry of Tourism Ecotourism Section
- Miso Walai Homestay (Co-op)
- The Mulu Caves Project
- Rimba Ilmu Botanic Gardens
- Sukau Rainforest Lodge
- Train Travel in Malaysia
- UNESCO – World Heritage Sites
- WWF in Malaysia
Article excerpted from www.ecotravel-asia.com