The Mines Green Circle is the Green Environmental Unit of Palace of the Golden Horses and Mines Wellness Hotel for “Better Environment, Better Health.” The unit was officiated by Palace of the Golden Horses’ General Manager, Miss Dianna Lee on 24th September 2010 in conjunction with the World Vegetarian Day as a corporate responsibility (CR) programme to promote the 3Rs: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
The Mines Green Circle is hosted by a committee consisting Head of Departments of both Palace of the Golden Horses and Mines Wellness Hotel.
To spread environmental awareness amongst employees, guests, members and the public through educational activities
Initiatives by Mines Green Circle To Date
+ Educating internal and external publics to minimize consumption
– Allocation is made for organic gardens to encourage a vegetarian lifestyle for energy conservation
– Green messages are placed around the hotel to educate its guests on the importance of conservation
+ Discarded items are re-used creatively
– Light bulbs are re-used as plant holders
– Recycled newspapers and magazines are used to create hand-woven baskets by the employees which are placed in guest rooms
– Rainwater collection for watering plants
– Encourage hotel guests to reuse towels and linens during their stay
– Broken cookeries were reused and made into decorative items
+ Discard items properly for recycling purposes
– Recycling bins are placed strategically around the compounds
– Housekeeping personnel are specially trained to separate waste for recycling purposes
– Recycle cooking oil
+ Palace of the Golden Horses
– 5,500 sq.ft.
– 11 types of vegetables & fruits
– Caters to Carousel and Kim Ma Restaurants
+ Mines Wellness Hotel
– 500 sq.ft.
– 7 types of vegetables & fruits
– Caters to Abdul & Charlie’s and Cheng Ho Court Restaurants